I did not know the origin of the word “November.” So I looked it up. And now I have to tell you, because it is so incredibly obvious! Just look at the months around it. “Sep” is found in the Septuagint AKA 70. “Oct” is found in that eight-sided shape and “dec” is in that grueling ten event sport called the decathlon. November comes from the number nine. Which makes sense in that it is the ninth month….. of the ten month Roman calendar. The creators of our current calendar (Greeks) borrowed those last four month names and tagged them at the end of their upgraded twelve month calendar. Sadly, they did not place them in their appropriate seven through ten slots so we could celebrate Christmas two months earlier!
So in celebration of the true ninth month promoted to the eleventh I present to you nine cool things God did in November!
- We enjoyed a return trip to a church we had visited before we officially started traveling as missionaries. This time it was to present our ministry at Missionary Baptist in Carlisle, Iowa.
- Two pastor friends allowed me to ride with them to Oswego, IL for a two-day pastor’s conference where we experienced incredible fellowship and heard excellent teaching on church revitalization.
- I was able to work on some fine tuning for my personal relationships with a couple of Relational Wisdom coaches.
- Deer season opened the weekend we spoke in Baxter, MN. It was a long trip but we were able to break it up with lunch at a Brazilian restaurant with one of our ministry partners in the Twin Cities area.
- Walnut Park in Muscatine, IA hosted a five-session series on Relational Wisdom. We were thrilled to meet up with more ministry partners in Cedar Rapids on the way!
- I was honored to spend two class sessions at Faith Baptist Bible College in Ankeny, Iowa speaking to students in the Pastoral Theology class about relationships and the ministry.
- Colorado is a great place to be for Thanksgiving (we visit grandkids) and we were thrilled to return to Airport Boulevard Baptist in Aurora to present our ministry, talk about peacemaking and see our old Iowa friends, the Sanders.
- The day we were ministering in Aurora the church north of there, where our ITM pastor and wife have served since May, called their new pastor with a 100% vote!
- While Marti spent extra time with the kids and grand-kids, God allowed me to fly to Nevada to provide a two-day teacher in-service training on the Relational Wisdom curriculum at a Christian School.
There were other things that God did this past month including safety on the road for all our family to gather in Colorado — just so Marti could get a family picture. I guess we celebrated Thanksgiving and stuff too.
Thanks for following our journey and for praying! We are looking forward to less travel and fewer exciting things in December.